- I'll have a series of short-shorts in the newest print issue of PANK, which should be out in the Spring of 2014. They're about television and loneliness.
- Five Chapters will publish my story "Let Them Down Slowly" next spring as well. It will be serialized over the course of a week. Tons of my favorite writers have published there--including Ethan Rutherford, Aimee Bender, and Sam Lipsyte.
- Today I won North Carolina State University's James Hurst Prize in Fiction for an as-of-now unpublished piece called "The Dog Upstairs." The formidable Rebecca Lee judged. Thanks to NCSU and Ms. Lee for this honor.
- I saw and photographed a lizard, which was also pretty cool.
- The latest issue of PINBALL is building steam. Look for an amazing batch of short stories (and comics! maybe some non-fiction!) coming your way later this year.
Hey, go check out the newest issue of PINBALL, located right here on the internet. Stories by some of the finest writers around, plus some really great comics and art to boot. Please do give it a whirl. I helped make it!
This issue of PINBALL almost didn't happen. I think I'll save it for another post, but the situation was dire. Bad money news every week. Lawyers were involved. Scary shit.
But! We persevered, kept blindly groping for the sun, and here we are. Issue number two. It is a wonderful mashup of art and storytelling. I hope you enjoy it.
A flash piece I wrote--called "The Micropedia of You and Me"--was chosen as "second-runner up," which means third place in regular talk, by Ben Marcus. It'll be in the Sonora Review...sometime! Hooray!
It has pictures!
And it's also about divorce (I think). Oh well.